Wednesday, November 5, 2008

WOW..!!! GREAT EXPERIENCE

Yesterday, Nov.4Th 2008 Bart and I worked from 6 am - 8 pm working at the polls in Pueblo, Co. We have never done this... We had a good time.. Me more so than Bart, because he has a hard time sitting in the same chair all day long.. :) But me being an Office Assistant do it all the time... It was so much fun meeting and talking to People.. We had 5 precincts in our building and Bart and I did not get to work in the same precinct due to the fact that there had to be at least One Democrat and One Republican at each table.. But I was able to go bug him once in a while.. when it got slow.. I had fun with the two gentlemen I worked with.. They both had great sense of humors... and we teased and laughed all day long.. We shared our food that we brought.. Talked about our families, and just had fun.. Bart always enjoys himself no matter what he is doing.. It is one of the things I adore in him... He of course gave all the younger teenagers a hard time... There was one young girl in particular that came and told me how lucky I was.. and I agreed with her.. There were over 800 votes cast in this room.. and not one problem or disruption.. They warned us that people would get really upset.. and yell. We did not have any of that.. It was a very positive experience and I don't know about Bart.. but I know I will do it again... I had a ball... And although my Candidate of Choice did not Win.. I think if we pull together.. and fight for those rights that we believe in... No matter what happens, It will be alright.. even if we have to suffer a bit.. :) And tomorrow will come. The Sun will shine.. And we will always have our families to rally around.. I am proud to be an American... And I am Happy I got the opportunity to help and do my part...
Bart eating his snack and looking oh so excited to stay in one place all day... ha ha
he liked the experience, but said he is glad he does not have to do that every day... I think he has a whole new admiration for those that sit behind a desk and wait on Customers all day..
I don't know what it is... But I just pick up new Son's all the time.. Daniel was calling me Mom about 1 hour into the day.. I think it is because the Mother in me takes over.. :) He was eating a bunch of snacks.. and I made him eat an apple and a yogurt.. ha ha And Chuck teased me about my red jacket... and said I could borrow his glasses if I wanted.. What wonderful people there are in this world.. even if we don't agree on everything.. we can still sit together and have a good time for a great cause.. VOTING

4 comments:

It all began here said...

what a perfect day. Love the red jacket and hair pulled back. Is that a subliminal message? Ha ha

Grammy Carrie said...

HECK NO... IT WAS AN OPEN AND HONEST MESSAGE.. NOTHING SUBLIMINAL ABOUT IT.. HA HA

Caroline said...

Carrie, I love your Blog! Not just for the great music!

Dan and Lora said...

need a new post..!